All about me

Hi I’m Jodie. I am passionate about photography and have been as long as I can remember. My life has taken many turns with what are my goals and I have never stepped away from photography. As a teacher I get to see the wonders of building knowledge in children’s eyes, but capturing the look of wonder when blowing bubbles or chasing a big brother or sister or the tender moments of a newborn meeting their family for the very first time is so much more amazing because it is real life at its best.

I tend to have a creative side to me that leads me creating fun and interesting things as well as works of beauty and art. This creativity has led me to pursue photography as my outlet. I am a scrapbooker and dabble in patchwork, which has led to a much greater desire to capture the every day and the special moments that we get to enjoy and treasure.

I love to see people captured as who they are in that moment. Do you have to be perfectly clothed and posed to have a portrait taken? Certainly if that is how you would like to remember that moment. I also love candid moments that capture your essence – even if that means that your kids will not get out of their pyjamas at all for anything.

As the Mum to two very energetic little boys that present me with wonderful opportunities to create memories with I know that I feel the need to capture your moments so that you can look back and say yep that was us. As a wife I also understand the need to capture those moments that are just the two of you. As a daughter and a granddaughter the connections that are our families are such a beautiful thing. The look of a great grandmother holding their newborn grand-baby is precious and fleeting. Life changes so rapidly and I hope to be able to provide you with a way of stopping time for just that moment.

I shoot on location using natural light so if you are more comfortable at your home, or you have a favourite place in which you would love some memories captured, I would love to be able to help create some lasting memories for you and with you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i enjoyed your pictures good luck and keep up the good work
Jodie said…
Thank you! feel free to check out the new blog with the recent work as well!